Content administrators often have to create and manage multiple copies of the same item or folder in multiple places in the content hierarchy.
Mirroring Content allow Airship users to propagate existing content to multiple locations, while giving them the ability to manage and update only once.
To mirror an entire folder:
- Navigate to the location within the content hierarchy in which you'd like to create a Mirror Folder.
- Click Create
- select Mirror Folder from the dropdown.
- A pop-up will appear, allowing you to search for the specific folder you'd like to mirror.
- Begin typingSelect the folder from the dropdown
- Click Save.
Your mirrored folder will now appear in the hierarchy, denoted by the Mirror tag.
The Mirror Folder will automatically populate with the contents of the original folder. Any changes made to the original folder will also be reflected in the Mirrored Folder.
Note that you cannot add, remove or rearrange the order of content in a Mirrored Folder - this must be done in the original folder.
Additionally, you can edit the folder name, description, and metadata on the Folder Info tab. You may manage user permissions for a mirrored folder independently of the original folder. Click into the User Access Tab.
The existing permissions of the original folder will default for the mirrored folder. If you'd like, add or remove groups and/or users, and update their permissions, clicking Save when done.
To mirror an item(s):
Locate the item(s) you'd like to mirror and select the checkbox(es) next to it (10).
- Click on the mirror icon.
- Navigate to the location in the hierachy in which you'd like to create a Mirrored Item.
- Click on the mirror icon again.
- Your mirrored item will now appear in the hierarchy, denoted by the Mirror tag.
Any changes made to the original item will also be reflected in the Mirrored Item.
You can edit the item name, description, or metadata on the Item Info tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.